I am selling some of my beloved books. I am extremely picky about the conditions of my books so please consider them new (unless otherwise noted.) They are in excellent condition, free from markings, etc. HC is a hardcover book while PB is paperback. I am using abebooks and amazon to help me with pricing. Shipping is extra. If you buy more than one book, I will combine shipping charges and refund you the difference. I won't be making any money from shipping because I'm charging what it costs me to package and ship the book. I guarantee the books will be packaged well. Insurance is extra, but recommended. Unless requested (and for an additional fee of whatever the actual shipping cost is), all books will ship via mixed mail. When a book is sold, I will mark it sold (and as soon as possible). If you have any questions please email me at Egorey99@sbcglobal.net Thanks for looking and for giving my books a good home!

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Books for Sale September 2017




I am selling some of my beloved booksI have collected these titles over the years in the hope that they would make me a better instructor, artist and human being. They have been my treasures, my guides and my friends. 

I have had many of them in my personal library for years. Due to space and various other issues (beyond my control), I have decided that they need to find new homes. I hope that you will treasure them and find the knowledge that I did in their pages.

I am extremely picky about the conditions of my books so consider them new (unless otherwise noted.) They are in excellent condition, free from markings, etc. HC is a hardcover book while PB is paperback. I can send extra photos (on request) for books listed with flaws. All books are exactly as described.



Shipping is extra. If you buy more than one book, I will combine shipping charges. For example, if you buy one book and the shipping is $5 and a second book and the shipping is $3, you will NOT be charged $8 but a flat fee based on the weight, etc... 

I will discount on combined purchases over $50 (in other words, if you buy more than one book.)


I guarantee that the books will be well packaged.

Insurance is extra, but recommended. USPS media mail includes free tracking.

Unless requested (and for an additional fee of whatever the actual shipping cost is), all books will ship via media mail.

Please note the shipping is for US residents. Outside of the US, please email me for a quote.

Please note that I will ship the books within 48 hours unless it's a weekend or I'm traveling to teach (if this is the case, I will let you know.) 


If I will see you in person soon, I can hand the books to you to save you shipping.



When a book is sold, I will mark it sold (and as soon as possible). I will offer a discount on combined book purchases. 


If you have any questions please email me at Egorey99@sbcglobal.net



Please email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net with BOOKS in the subject line and in the body of the email, the list of books that you want. I will then send you an invoice. Remember, if you buy more than $50 in books, I will offer you a discount on the overall price AND shipping. BUY MORE BOOKS, SAVE ON SHIPPING.

Thanks for looking and for giving my books a home.


Various Mixed Media Books-From Lisa Sonora's unique book that blends art journaling with business to Transparent Art that is both how to and art book using all things transparent to the stunning Mixed Media Explorations, each book contains a wealth of information that can be used towards a variety of art forms.   

Beryl Taylor's Mixed Media Explorations Like New $5 plus $4 shipping  

Creativity-I love books that show not only the artist's work but also give you a insight into their process. These are some of my favorites.


Open Studios PB $5 NEW plus $4 shipping

Karen Michel and Carla Sonheim are two of my favorite artists and teachers. I've been lucky enough to have had both as an instructor at some point and they are each a wealth of information and inspiration. 


  
Karen Michel's Green Guide for Artists
PB $5 NEW plus $4 shipping

They are inspirational and just gorgeous to look at. Every artist should have at least one of these books on their shelves.


Herve Tullet's Imagine PB Like New $8 plus $3 shipping A visual delight for children of all ages. 

Applied Caligraphy and Graphic Design 

by Marco Campedelli PB Covers slightly bent and dirty (white book) Pages crisp and clean. $20 plus $4 shipping. Bought this specifically for juicing up my handwriting on my journal pages.
Illustration- I'm always looking for a little fuel to feed the fire. I love illustration books and exhibit catalogs. These are some of my favorites.


Play Pen New Children's Book Illustration HC New $30 plus $4 shipping



Dialogue: The Fine Art of Conversation by Mark Murphy HC complete with original cardboard box and inserts NEW (there are a couple of very small dents on the side of the cover) $20 plus $5 shipping A wealth of inspiration and variety of artists in this Mark Murphy publication.



Heaven and Hell: Artistic Resource HC $15 plus $4 shipping NEW features the work of over 50 artists from around the globe compiled by Mark Murphy. I love these books!


Why Journal By Picture Mechanics: Visual, Narrative, Inspiration-I love Mark Murphy publications especially since they so often contain the work of so many of my favorite artists PB $10 NEW 





Urban Iran-HC New $10 plus $4 shipping


Taschen's Illustration 4 PB NEW $20 plus $5 shipping (over sized) I LOVE these books both for reference and inspiration.

Books to Peruse, Read and Possibly Collage with:



Growing Up and Other Vices by Sara Midda-I love Sara's work. It's so intricate and detailed. HC Very Good. DJ scuffed up. $5 plus $3 shipping



Sara Midda's In and Out of the Garden HC Good spots on the top of the book block, DJ stained with some spots and small tears. $3 plus $3 shipping




Three by Three Illustration Annual No 5 Bottom right corner slightly bent Like New $20 plus $4 shipping




Three by Three Illustration Annual No 2 New $20 plus $4 shipping




My Alaskan Summer PB Good (slight tear to front cover bottom left) Read. $3 plus $3 shipping




Creative Illustration Workshop for Mixed-Media Artists: Seeing, Sketching, Storytelling, and Using Found Materials (Spiral-bound) by Katherine Dunn HC Very good First couple of pages are curved near the spine because of the spiral binding. $8 plus $4 shipping (over sized)




Create and Be Recognized HC Very Good though top and bottom of cover have minor dings. $10 plus $4 shipping (over sized) Great history of diaries, journals and scrapbooks

A Year of Mornings PB Very Good one corner slightly bent $8 plus $3 shipping I love this pictorial conversation series.



Julie Lequin's Ice Skating Tree Opera Directors Cuts As A Book Tome 1 Like New PB includes DVD (never played) OOP (out of print) $35 plus $5 shipping


Mehndi Designs: Traditional Henna Body Art (Dover Pictorial Archive) PB Cover and some pages slightly bent otherwise great condition for collage images $5 plus $3 shipping


Daily Rituals How Artists Work HC New $10 plus $3 shipping Inspiring glance at how creative people around the world work both then and now.

Charley Harper's Beguiled By the Wild HC DJ at top and bottom of spine slightly crushed otherwise Fine. $25 plus $5 shipping (over sized.) The master of the use of line and shape! 




Peter Beard's The End of the Game PB Front cover creased Back Cover is warped and scruffed up. Pages are slightly wavy. The book was purchased in this condition. My books are all kept in excellent condition but this book looks read and used compared to my other books. $10 plus $5 shipping (oversized) Peter Beard is well known in the art journal world not only for his photographs but unique journals.



Peter Beard Photo Poche No 67. PB NEW Back cover creased along top left side. $15 plus $3 shipping. Nice overview of Beard's photos and art journal work. See more of Beard's work here.





Taschen's Illustration Now! Portraits PB Cover corners are slightly bent other than that Very Good. $40 plus $5 shipping (over sized) I love these books for inspiration and sometimes collage work.



Shepard Fairey's Obey HC Bottom of book has minor shelf wear other than that, New (never read.) $50 plus $5 shipping (over sized) Shepard Fairey's work can be found all over the world. This is one of my favorite catalogs of his work.





Pink Attitude: The Contemporary Female Creativity HC NEW (one small dent to side of the cover) $50 plus $5 shipping (over sized) Stunning. Luscious. Inspiring collection of feminine art.




Tony Fitzpatrick's This Train An Artist's Journal HC SIGNED by artist DJ slightly scuffed up (very slightly) $35 plus $5 shipping (over sized) Love this collage artist's one of a kind art




Typography Sketchbooks by Steven Heller and Lita Talarico HC NEW slight dent on bottom of the book $35 plus $5 shipping (over sized) If you love sketchbooks, you'll be inspired by this one that combines journal keeping and typography.







Lisa Congdon's A Collection a Day PB book in a metal tin NEW $15 plus $5 shipping I love this collection of Lisa's collections! 




Territory: Japan Fever Magazine (PB) cover slightly scruffed Bottom right corner dented Very good comes with CD $15 plus $4 shipping I love this collection of various artists' work.





The Most Special Day of My Life: Works by Rob Clayton & Christian Clayton HC NEW $15 plus $5 shipping (over sized) Check out their work here.



Double Game by Sophie Calle HC NEW Calle is one of my favorite artists. She's not a painter but one who weaves the most intriguing of tales blending autobiography and fiction. She's one of a kind. $35 plus $4 shipping


Fashion Forecasting PB New Corner on bottom of cover is slightly imperfect $10 plus $3 shipping Another book that I jumped up and down when I saw it in the store. It's a fashion book but it has ideas that translate to art and journal pages in it.


4WORDS: MARS-1 | DAMON SOULE | NOME EDONNA | DAVID LEE pb new Love the sketchbook quality of this book plus companion sketchbook OOP $35 plus $5 shipping


Cathie Bleck Becoming Human PB exhibit catalog New with bonus material (postcards, etc...) $25 plus $3 shipping Bleck's gorgeous and lush use of scratchboard as her medium is jaw dropping. I have two of these and clearly don't need to keep both of them.


Japanese Erotica in Contemporary Art PB NEW $35 plus $4 shipping Not for Kids or work. From Amazon: "comprehensive exploration of contemporary erotic arts in Japan, covering more than 50 artists. Featuring work ranging from illustrations, dolls, contemporary art, comics, anime, and much more. Also included are bilingual overviews and expositions of the latest Japanese erotic art, with detailed analysis on each category."


William Morris: Father of Modern Design and Pattern (Japanese and some English) PB NEW Foil Cover $25 plus $4 shipping Gorgeous book of the intricate work of William Morris. Mostly in Japanese with some English. I spent more time looking at the photos.




Zeet: A Little Book of Alphabetical Dispositions by FSC PB NEW $5 plus $2 shipping. Unique line drawings in this mini zine. I met FSC at Comic Con a few years back. She was very sweet, very talented and offered me a cookie. 





Mark Ryden's The Snow Yak Show Postcard Book NEW $25 plus $3 shipping. This book is more like a collection of postcard size art prints then actual postcards. It's Mark Ryden, what else do you need to know?




Heartcore: Nuno Valerio HC NEW $40 plus $4 shipping. Rojo published a series of small, chunky collections of the artwork of various artists. I picked them up whenever I could. I love the color, line and graffiti style of the artist, Nuno Valerio (sample pages here.)




More buying choices for

Illustrated Three-Line Novels: Felix Feneon HC NEW $5 plus $4 shipping I love these small vignettes illustrated by Joanna Neborsky using collage work and illustration. Sample pages here.






UH-OH: Frances Stark 1991-2015 HC NEW Unopened (still in shrink wrap.) $30 plus $5 shipping (over sized.) I saw this exhibit at The Hammer and it was fabulous. You can see part of it here.




Kurt Schwitters 1985 Tate Gallery Exhibit Catalog PB EX-Library copy (with library stamps and some markings on inside front and cover). Bottom of spine torn a little bit (piece still attached.) Covers scratched. $5 plus $4 shipping (over sized.) Nice exhibit catalog of Schwitters' work.



Blaine Fontana's Sedimental Promises HC NEW (cover somewhat shelf worn) $10 plus $3 shipping. Fontana's  work is breathtaking. He really pulls you in with it and won't let go. See some of his work here.



Thomas Campbell Sing Ding A Ling PB NEW $30 plus $4 shipping. If you're a mixed media artist, you've seen his work before on various blogs, etc... I've seen his paper color wheel appear on a ton of different sites. Check out his instagram page and you'll see what I mean. I love his use of color, imagery and playfulness. It makes me want to pick up my markers and paint brush. Here's a great interview with him, too.


Love and Fafiness: Girlie Art by Fafi HC NEW HC (with original paper sleeve.) $40 plus $4 shipping. A google search insisted that I was talking about Al Green's Love and Happiness. Well, they're somewhat right. This book does bring love and happiness. You can listen to Al Green
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rqqAnjY2Rmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

as you look at some pages from inside this yummy book here.


Love Who You Are by Sarah Walsh HC New. $10 plus $3 shipping. I love this delightful book with darling illustrations and playful text on yummy paper. I bought it to glean ideas for my handwriting and drawing on my journal pages.


The Airy Tales by Olga Volozova PB NEW $8 plus $3 shipping A collection of illustrated stories that aim to, "dissolve sadness." These pages are colorful and rich and have made me smile many times. See some pages here. 



Rock That Never Sleeps by Olga Volozova and Juliacks PB Front cover slightly creased top right corner. NEW $4 plus $3 shipping I love how each of the, "two stories of lost memories" play off of each other. More of Olga's work here.








Emily Martin (aka The Black Apple)'s Oddfellows Compendium. NEW. PB Numbered with a couple of postcard extras. Still in envelope. #87/100. RARE. $30 plus $4 shipping. Sample pages are above. See Emily's work here. I've been a big fan for many years.






The Green Day Art Project NEW PB  $10 plus $3 shipping. See some pages here. Artwork inspired by Green Day's music contains artwork, lyrics and more.


I am going to be selling some of my PAUMES books.  I will be listing them shortly. In the meantime, if there is a title you are looking for, drop me an email. There is a good chance that I have it to sell. Thanks! These books have provided me with days of inspiration.


Carl R. Roger's On Becoming A Person PB NEW Unread $5 plus $3 shipping. I swear that this was another book that someone told me I needed to read.

Robert Henri's The Art Spirit HC with DJ (dustjacket is ripped into two pieces and price clipped) End papers have yellow stains on them due to tape damage other than that clean copy with no marks. 
$10 plus $4 shipping Another book that I have two copies of. This is considered to be the Bible of creativity. I love what Henri (the H is silence) writes, "We are not here to do what has already been done." 


Creative Experience PB $25 plus $3 shipping. Very good. Cover aged. Brainpickings told me that I needed to read this. She was right.


Family Trouble by Castro $13 plus $4 shipping
PB "Essays by twenty-five memoirists, including Faith Adiele, Alison Bechdel, Jill Christman, Judith Ortiz Cofer, Rigoberto González, Robin Hemley, Dinty W. Moore, Bich Minh Nguyen, and Mimi Schwartz, explore the fraught territory of family history told from one perspective, which, from another angle in the family drama, might appear quite different indeed. In her introduction to this book, Joy Castro, herself a memoirist, explores the ethical dilemmas of writing about family and offers practical strategies for this tricky but necessary subject."

 


Kokoschk


Fritz Kahn HC $60 plus $10 shipping (over sized.) very slightly shelf worn. OOP. See inside pages here.





Universal Classic Monsters The Essential Collection Blu-ray 8 movies on blu-ray, 48 page book, 12 hours of bonus features NEW AND UNOPENED (Still in shrink wrap with stickers) Only blemish to the set is a deep scratch/cut through the barcode. $50 plus $5 shipping. The perfect gift for a classic monster lover in your life. Give the gift of the horror classics this horrorday season.

Thank you for looking!


THE BOOKS BELOW ARE SOLD. 
THANK YOU!

 Unique Handmade Books by Alisa Golden HC Very good DJ rough black pen mark on right side of book block (does not affect pages) SOLD




Making Journals By Hand PB Front and Back Cover not perfect with glue residue and/or scuff marks Book Block dented along bottom right corners Many of the "founders" of the Art Journaling Movement can be found upon the pages of this book (Teesha and Tracy Moore, for example) Good SOLD





Art of Personal Imagery PB Like New bottom right corner and a few pages bent SOLD



Kerrie Carbary's Altered Art Books PB Good One of the most informative guides for mixed media, altered art books and more. SOLD






Flora Bowley Brave Intuitive Painting  PB Like New SOLD


Just Add Watercolor HC New  Small, inspirational book full of watercolor artists with ideas that translate across to a variety of mediums SOLD




Danny Gregory's An Illustrated Life PB New  a Must have for every artist interested in keeping a sketchbook SOLD



Jesse Reno's Truth Will Measure PB Good Front Cover creased and bent in 2 places Some of the first few pages (top right corner) are bent SOLD



Only When I'm Found Can I Be Me A Personal Art Journal by Roben-Marie Smith PB New SOLD





 David Fullarton's I Can't Apologise Enough-PB New  shipping I love Fullarton's art. If you love art journaling, sketching and mixed media, you'll love it, too (see link in title.) SOLD







Sarah Lugg's Objects of My Affection HC new Sarah is the artist who started the manila shipping tag craze a few years ago combining found materials, paper and more layered onto shipping tags.  SOLD 

-

 The Painting Workbook PB Like New SOLD


Tricia Guild's Inspiration-PB NEW shipping Save this one for inspiration or cut up and use as collage fodder SOLD
-


Beauty in Bloom A Collection of Beautiful Inspirations HC New (DJ slightly dented)  Gorgeous illustrations also text about the author's idea of beauty.

SOLD


Tricia Guild's Pattern HC Very Good DJ slight tears and bending at the top Book itself is fine. I love these books for color inspiration as well as collage material! SOLD


Cut It, Paste It, Sew It: A Mixed Media Collage Sourcebook PB New (slight glue residue on front cover) I LOVED this book when it came out. Lots of inspiration and just fun especially if you love paper and tape! SOLD



Mati Rose McDonough's Daring Adventures in Paint  PB Like New SOLD
-


Selvedge Magazine Issue 22 PB Good (dents to cover) I bought this specifically for the article on Julie Arkell. SOLD


-

 
 Gabe Cyr's New Directions in Altered Books HC DJ slightly scuffed crease on top back cover Like New SOLD
Gabe Cyr-I love the variety of artists found on the pages of this book.

Dorothy Simpson Krause-one of the top book artists out there. I adore her work and this book is a treasure.

Dorothy Simpson Krause Book + Art PB  SOLD


LK Ludwig's True Vision Like New bottom right corner and a few pages bent SOLD



Collage, Montage, Assemblage: History and Contemporary Techniques HC Near Fine SOLD



 Nita Leland's Creative Artist PB Very Good Cover slightly scuffed up SOLD



Carla Sonheim's Drawing Lab PB SOLD


Alphonse Mucha HC Like New DJ torn on back cover SOLD


Graffiti World-HC NEW I LOVE this book (and the one below) to read and be inspired from or to use in my own collage work. SOLD


Modern Vintage Illustration PB NEW Another book that made me gasp when I saw it. Use for inspiration or for the images in your own collage work. SOLD




Doorbells of Florence HC New Back cover with sticker bar code price clipped. I bought this to collage with but the stories are intriguing. "Ring a doorbell in Florence. Who will answer?" asks the back cover. Even if you don't read it, you can tear out the pages for collage and make this delightful book into a journal. SOLD


Diary of Anais Nin PB Volumes 1-6 well read, some dogeared copies, some with water damage. I am selling these because after many, many years of looking, I've been able to acquire a full hardcover set. I have read these books many times and anyone who keeps a diary or journal in any form should, too. SOLD
-





It is Beautiful Then Gone HC Very Good Inspiration for collage artists in this volume either to cut up or peruse. SOLD.


Rookie Yearbook 1 PB NEW Fun to read and perfect to cut up and use in collage. SOLD
 Karen Michele's Complete Guide to Altered Imagery PB SOLD






Randel Plowman's The Collage Workbook PB New SOLD





 Inner Excavation PB NEW SOLD






Women of Wonder: Celebrating Women Creators of Fantastic Art PB Still shrinkwrapped NEW SOLD








 Finding What You Didn't Lose Expressing Your Truth and Creativity Through Poem Making PB SOLD
-


My House by Delphine Durand HC New Very minor scruffed up marks to cover.  I love the artwork in this book. Very playful. Great book for kids and adults. SOLD.

The Artful Alphabet by Martina Jirankova-Limbrick HC NEW (cover slightly scratched and yellowed.) Fun for adults and kids! SOLD.


Elegant Cockroach HC NEW  Yes, it's about a cockroach but it's charming and well illustrated and well done. SOLD


Patti Digh's Geography of Loss HC New  Gorgeous, comforting, inspiring and helpful.  A life guide and a lifeline. SOLD. 


Charles Wilkin Index A PB Fine.DJ slightly worn, bends and one 1" tear near spine. Yet another book that I squealed at when I saw it in the bookstore. From Amazon: "Index A is in essence a catalogue of thoughts, images and instinct collected and reassembled by American Charles Wilkin of Automatic Art and Design." SOLD.


Miriam Wosk Matters of the Heart PB Very good 2 Staple holes in front cover  Wosk is one of my favorite artists. If you love collage and mixed media, this has your name on it. SOLD.

-

Portals Zine Issue 6: Art Journaling New  Now defunct art journaling zine. Full of ideas, interviews and journal pages. A Gem. SOLD.





Parisian Encounters HC Spiral bound New but shelf worn.  "The book is spiral bound and split in such a way that the reader opens the book to a collage: a sampling of a letter and a sketch of the two persons pulls the pages together. There is also a plan de Paris along with a timeline of each of the lives portrayed." SOLD.



Bowie's Print & Pattern 2 PB NEW  If you haven't seen this blog, run, don't walk. SOLD.





Print & Pattern: Geometric PB NEW SOLD.
-
Alisa Golden-one of the best instructors and book artists out there. I bought most of these books not just to learn how to create them but also because I love what she creates:


 Making Handmade Books PB New Slight create in top right front cover SOLD



 Creating Handmade Books HC Very good DJ rough with small tear in the area of the top of spine SOLD





Making Memory Boxes PB Very Good Some glue residue on cover SOLD







Beloved Dog by Maira Kalman HC NEW Who doesn't love Maira Kalman? Even if you don't have a dog, I guarantee that you'll love her use of color and images. SOLD


Kathy Eldon's Safari Diary PB Used with writing and notes on the inside.  Kathy Eldon is the mother of photographer and artist Dan Eldon. SOLD

From the Faraway Nearby Georgia O'Keeffe as Icon PB Very good Cover slightly scuffed up SOLD


Miriam Wosk Matters of the Heart PB Very good 2 Staple holes in front cover Wosk is one of my favorite artists. If you love collage and mixed media, this has your name on it. SOLD




Kay Nielsen's East of the Sun West of the Moon HC NEW  Kay Nielsen's work always makes my jaw drop. I don't need two copies of the book, however. SOLD
-

The Making Series-Memory Boxes, Memory Books and Journals. The titles may be simple but these are important books, well written and very helpful in learning how to construct books, boxes and journals. 





 Making Memory Books by Hand PB Very Good SOLD






Lisa Sonora Beam's The Creative Entrepreneur PB Like New SOLD





Nita Leland's Creative Collage Techniques HC Very Good DJ scuffed up SOLD





Creative Thursday PB SOLD





Cultivating Your Creative Life  PB SOLD





ArtEffects  PB Very Good SOLD


A Creative Year with iHanna By Hanna Andersson



PB Like New (Front cover creased but book itself is fine) SOLD





 The Painted Quilt PB Like New SOLD






A Sketch In Time by Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn PB New SOLD




Location Location by Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn PB New SOLD


Red by Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn PB New SOLD



By Hand: Handmade Elements in Graphic Design HC NEW DJ a little rough Text in Japanese SOLD







A Map of the World: The World According to Illustrators and Storytellers NEW HC SOLD









Latino Grafico HC NEW I still remember the day that I walked into the store and saw this. My jaw dropped. Lots of inspiration on the pages (or use the illustrations for collage work) SOLD






Language of Graphics HC Near Fine DJ yellowed Gorgeous book of inspiration SOLD






Sara Fanelli's My Map Book HC Newshipping I love Sara's work!  SOLD






Graffiti Women-HC NEW  I LOVE this book (and the one below) to read and be inspired from or to use in my own collage work. SOLD





More buying choices for

Bridging Time & Space: Essays on Layered Art 



by Susan Hallsten McGarry HC Book is like new DJ is very good (slightly bent near the top) SOLD





Scrapbooks by Jessica Helfand HC DJ slightly scruffed Book New SOLD


Salina Lake's Homespun Style HC New shipping I love these books for color and texture ideas. SOLD



10 Corso Como: A to Z by Carla Sozzani


HC Back cover has fallen off. Pages and book block are New and tight.  Another book I bought to collage with but couldn't bear to cut up. Crazy prices on Amazon for this edition. See pages here. SOLD





Tilleke Schwarz's Mark Making PB SIGNED. NEW with bonus fold out page extra. OOP.  I love Schwarz's use of embroidery and how it looks like three dimensional painted canvases. See her work here. SOLD




Cezanne: "Father of Modern Painting" Elgar, Frank PB yellowed  Wonderful, inexpensive bio with photos of Cezanne. SOLD

-







Katie Daisy's How to Be a Wildflower HC NEW SOLD





Song of Sweet Rain HC New DJ not slightly scratched, yellowed and bent along top and bottom. Book FINE. In Japanese and some English. Love the artwork in this delicate little book. SOLD






Artist Sisters: Box of Stories 2 Volume Set: Princess La La & the Little Bee / Teenie Weenie Tales HC Very Good Bumps to Slipcase SIGNED by both artists. Adorable, rich and inspiring little collection of art by two sisters. 

-










Annette Messager Word for Word HC NEW still shrink wrapped Words, images, fabric and collage. I adore her work. SOLD


Jean Michel Basquiat by Richard Marshall. PB Slight indentations at the top and bottom of the spine. Exhibit catalog from The Whitney 11th printing from 2004. This is the most complete publication to date on Basquiat, giving a complete overview of the artist's work. Biographical detail in seven separate essays. SOLD

Tony Fitzpatrick's The Wonder HC New (a couple of small dents to the front of the book) SOLD


Beauty in Decay II HC Fine except covers are scruffed up. A little shelfworn. Remainder mark.  I bought this to collage with but couldn't bear to cut it up. It's hauntingly beautiful. SOLD
-









Ladies of Animation HC New SOLD








Transparent Art PB Like New SOLD




Human Anatomy: A Visual History from the Renaissance to the Digital Age PB New One slightly dinged corner  Great collage imagery in here SOLD






 Rebecca Gill's The Painted Surface PB Like New  SIGNED BY AUTHOR (no dedication) SOLD

 Painted Pages PB Like SOLD




Tracy Porter's Dream With Your Eyes Open HC NEW
Tracy Porter is an interior decorator whose books have inspired people all over the world. I love how small and precious these books are (Woven in Sunlight is the same size.) SOLD


Tracy Porter's Woven in Sunlight A Garden Companion HC New SOLD





Well-Read Women HC New  Stunning watercolors along with literary quotes. SOLD
-


Cook Until Desired Tenderness by Cleo Papanikolas HC NEW with postcard and exhibit flyer  Think art journal meets cookbook meets fiction. Lots of color, inspiration and food here. SOLD




Tolstory and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading NEW PB Unread. A book that someone told me I needed to read after I lost my Dad. I put it in the pile with the other books that folks told me to read but I never got around to reading it. Many people have recommended it to me since. SOLD
-


Collage and Creativity-Nita Leland's books contain a wealth of information and inspiration for beginners to advanced. They have helped me numerous times over the years. I have a tendency to pick up books in my travels that specialize in collage. These have helped to guide and inspire me in my journey over the years.


Collage by Hanis and Blesh HC 1962 edition NO DJ Book Good Slightly yellow and faded cover Pages are clean shipping A great addition for any collage artist's library SOLD


Tamioo Nikki Volume 1 and 2 (one book) PB NEW SOLD


Painting Fabric Books with Ideas that apply to paper, canvas and beyond: These are books that I pull out every now and then purely for inspiration. There is a wealth of inspiration upon their pages for every artist who loves paper, fabric and beyond.


Seeing Double by Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn PB New SOLD
-




Arm in Arm by Remy Charlip HC  Back cover dented and covers are scruffed up with some marks. Book block is starting to separate from cover (but still attached.) Overall Good. A sweet and playfully illustrated book. Pages here. SOLD

Just for You. HC NEW corners are slightly bumped. I remember the day that I saw this in the bookstore. I actually squealed. Lots of ideas to translate to your own artwork or images to collage with. Rare. SOLD.
-

SOLD
-



The Gentle Art of Domesticity HC NEW I adored this book. SOLD

Art Journaling- I bought these because they contain the work of many of my favorite artists. They are treasure troves of inspiration for beginners to advanced. I have found inspiration on their pages for many years.



LK Ludwig's Creative Wildfire New Contains new, unused, blank journal SOLD


The Voice Mansion Yammerhead's Return by Dan Kennedy PB water damage on front cover, first page and back cover SOLD




The Paris Wife HC New I haven't read this in all honesty but have heard good things. Was saving it for when I went to Paris but that hasn't happened yet. I'll buy it again before I go. SOLD
-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! They are always appreciated. Comments are moderated by me and I will approve them asap! Thank you again for stopping by and contributing to the conversation!